- 7 calls for 24 scholarships and fellowships for young European talents
- 100 internships in the Group in cooperation with UniCredit
UniCredit Foundation relaunches its most prestigious competitions aimed at young European talents confirming its commitment to support study and research: 7 calls for 24 scholarships and fellowships for a total amount of about 800,000 euro. UniCredit Foundation has also added 100 grants for curricular internships for students selected by different units of the Group between July and December 2020.
Despite the difficult period that has seen the Foundation committed to funding numerous initiatives to fight the COVID-19 emergency, by contributing directly with donations or supporting the solidarity expressed by Group employees, UniCredit Foundation continues, with a renewed energy, supporting study and research in the fields of economics and finance through the launch of many initiatives. Among these:
- 2 Marco Fanno and 2 Crivelli Europe scholarships for students in economics or finance who wish to take PhD courses abroad starting from the 2021-2022 academic year. These scholarships are annual and renewable for a second year. The annual amount of each scholarship amounts to 32,500 euro (gross of tax);
- 4 Modigliani Research Grants: the best research projects in economics and finance will be awarded 10,000 euro per year (gross of tax), for 2 years. The main objective of this initiative is to support research in Europe by reinforcing collaboration among universities;
- 2 Foscolo Europe Top-Up fellowship: thanks to this initiative, this year at its sixth edition, UniCredit Foundation offers 2 Top-Up fellowships to the two best departments or research institutes in economics or finance participating in the PhD job markets in 2020/2021. The main objective of this competition is to attract and retain outstanding young economists across Europe who are conducting their research abroad. The Foundation will pay an annual contribution of 50,000 euro to the winning research departments, as a supplement to the remuneration offered to the selected candidate by the winning department. The fellowship will start on 1 October 2021 and will run for three years.
The list of grants also includes the launch of 5 Study Abroad Exchange Programme competitions, this year at its tenth edition, to spend a study period of 3 to 6 months abroad, in any university of UniCredit's perimeter and with 5 Economics Jobs Market Best Paper Awards for PhD candidates and PhD graduates in economics or finance who will attend the European Economics Job Market in Nottingham in December 2020.
Lastly the start of the 7th edition of the International Internship Program. With this program, the Foundation, in collaboration with UniCredit, offers 100 grants to university students for a curricular internship at UniCredit, in any of the European countries where UniCredit is present. The internship, from 3 to 6 months, can start between July-December 2020. Each selected candidate will receive a grant of 700 euro (gross of tax) per month for the entire duration of the internship.
Maurizio Beretta, Chairman of UniCredit Foundation, commented: "With the launch of these calls, UniCredit Foundation confirms its strong support to study and research, even during this period of pandemic. As always, in line with the Foundation's vocation to operate at an international level, the calls are addressed to students, researchers and departments of the countries in which the Group operates. An important allocation of resources concerns, also this year, the calls for bringing the best brains back. UniCredit Foundation therefore strengthens collaboration with the Italian and international academic world to enhance today and tomorrow's best talents in the interest of the whole society."
More info is available on the UniCredit Foundation website www.unicreditfoundation.org
Milan, 23 July 2020
UniCredit Media Relations Contacts: e mail: email@example.com