UniCredit will light up in rainbow colours the spire of its headquarters in Piazza Gae Aulenti on Friday 28 June and Saturday 29 June night for the second year in support of Milano Pride.
This is part of the Bank's continued strong commitment to diversity and inclusion in line with its core values of ethics and respect, which we believe are crucial for guaranteeing business sustainability. UniCredit is committed to consistently creating a positive working environment where everyone can excel regardless of sexual orientation, gender, age, race, nationality, ability and religion.
The Bank continues to take decisive actions to constantly improve its diversity and inclusion. This is a journey we started a decade ago - signing the Joint Declaration on Equal Opportunities and Non Discrimination in 2009.
- UniCredit introduced the Gender Balance Programme and a policy on the Bank's commitment to human rights in 2012;
- Followed by the Group Global Gender Equality policy introduced in 2013;
- Joint Declaration on Work-Life Balance in 2017;
- Commitment to HM Treasury's Women in Finance Charter in 2018;
- Joining "Parks - Liberi e Uguali" in Italy at the end of 2018;
- And confirming the participation at Group level to support the United Nations Standards of Conduct for Business for tackling discrimination against LGBTI in 2018.
- Furthermore, at the start of this year, UniCredit signed a Global Framework Agreement with UNI Global Union on Human Rights and Fundamental Labour Rights, which includes specific commitments to combatting discrimination and promoting diversity.
Lastly, UniCredit invites everyone who happens to be in the vicinity of Piazza Gae Aulenti on 28 and 29 June to share their photos of the UniCredit spire lit up in rainbow colours via Twitter using the hashtag #inclusionmatters - help us spread the message!
Also Buddybank, which together with UniCredit joins "Parks - Liberi e Uguali" in Italy, will partecipate to the Parade on Saturday 29th of June.