ROMANIAN ENTREPRENEURS WIN GRANTS FOR DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION PROJECTS
Wednesday 23 September 2020
Seven winning projects will benefit from digital transformation grants of between €3,000 and €8,000, offered by UniCredit Bank and Brand Minds Association.
The winning projects were selected from 143 eligible applications (out of 177 total submissions received between July 13th and August 14th), after a final result that included a public vote (20 per cent of the scoring) and jury evaluation (80 per cent). The competition supports businesses’ digital transformation and is part of the Creative Minds Academy, a financial and entrepreneurial education program founded by UniCredit Bank in Romania.
“Digital transformation is a strategic pillar for UniCredit Bank and that is why we wanted to encourage entrepreneurs to develop their businesses and to include digital projects that will help them better adapt to the current scenario,” said Anca Ungureanu, Identity and Communication Director at UniCredit Bank Romania.
“A first step was made by transforming Creative Minds Academy, the financial and entrepreneurial program, into one exclusively online platform. AMC Grants for businesses’ digital transformation are a new level of our involvement. We are happy to see a high number of businesses that want to change, we congratulate the winners and we will closely follow them to see how their ideas are transformed into reality.”
The seven winning projects within the competition are:
- Online Learning STEaM Box by eematico— €8,000 to develop an online educational platform.
- Black Button Books— €5,000 to digitally switch their portfolio and improvements in the e-commerce platform.
- Sophia Library—€5,000 to rebuild their website.
- e-ducație— €3,000 to equip the teachers from Victoria Center with digital tools.
- Seneca EcoLogos—Center for Ecological Education— €3,000 to develop ecological education online classes for their beneficiaries
- The Source Workshop— €3,000 to develop an e-shop platform to make contemporary Romanian art more accessible
- mom o’clock— €3,000 to transform their online store into a marketplace platform
AMC Grants for businesses’ digital transformation form part of Creative Minds Academy, a financial and entrepreneurial education program founded by UniCredit Bank. Creative Minds Barometer (the first research in Romania on the obstacles and the perspectives of creative entrepreneurs), Creative Minds Wednesday (the first shopping and socializing festival dedicated to creative businesses), 24/7 Guide and Creative Pack are all part of UniCredit Bank’s platform to support micro-entrepreneurs from creative industries in Romania.