Startup management lessons at their best!
Thursday 06 October 2022
The Startup Academy bell has rung for the chosen 60 startups that have joined the 2022 edition of UniCredit Start Lab. An intense five-day initiative made up of management training courses dedicated to the most promising innovators in the Lifesciences, Clean Tech, Digital, Innovative Made in Italy and Impact Innovation sectors.
A launch event and 5 educational days for a total of 40 hours in the classroom, finally in presence in Milan at the UniCredit Tower, to meet 50 speakers among experts and professionals from the Italian innovation scene.
Each day will be dedicated to deep-diving crucial topics for the development of startups during their life cycle, strengthening founders' managerial skills and creating virtuous connections between startups and strategic partners of the UniCredit Start Lab business platform.
The topics that will be addressed on each day:
1. Project creation, from the business idea to the creation of a sustainable business over time: through refining the value proposition and choosing the right skills, people and tools;
2. Project packaging, how to effectively communicate a business project: with a focus on social media management, digital marketing, and search engine optimisation, going through the opportunities offered by the metaverse;
3. Dialogue with key stakeholders in the national and international innovation ecosystem: to discover how to build a valuable dialogue with customers, corporates and partners, leveraging on successful business model and storytelling;
4. Startup Financing, discovering the financial options available to startups and practical technical aspects of an investment deal: we will delve into the role of Venture Capital and Business Angel, as well as an overview of specific European financial instruments.
5. Global investment trends and opportunities rising from impact investing and new investors in startups.
This year’s parterre of partners and testimonials of the Startup Academy is yet again very rich and includes some of the big players of the consulting, web, tech, financial and industrial arena.
In parallel, innovators will again this year be able to join: Investor Days with some of Italy's leading VCs and business angel networks; meetings with business strategy experts to refine their business model, practice the art of pitching and examine case studies; in-depth meetings and one-2-one consulting with experts on legal, tax, how to access European funding and web services for startups.
But there is more! It is exactly on the hot topics addressed in the Academy that we will engage with all innovation enthusiasts who follow us on social media to test their knowledge through thematic quizzes and surveys to then discover the answers from real experts.
Follow us in the coming weeks on UniCredit's LinkedIn profile and have your say in the posts we publish with the hashtag #UniCreditStartLab.