Embedding sustainability in all that we do is one of the five strategic imperatives of UniCredit Unlocked, a plan that builds on our strong foundations to unlock the potential of our Group, paving the way for the future of our bank and of all our stakeholders, whilst ensuring that we always lead by example and fulfil our Purpose of Empowering Communities to Progress.
Our ESG Strategy:
Building on strong fundamentals to deliver value
Our ESG principles and beliefs
Leading by example on ESG
Our ESG Goals
- Partnering with our Clients for a just and fair transition
- SupportingCommunities and Society
- Steering our behaviour with clear commitments
- Enriching our Risk & Leading approach
Key strategic actions across four building blocks
- Our Governance Model
- Our Culture
- Our target country approach
- Monitoring, Reporting & Disclosure
How to ensure we deliver
Our ESG strategy is built around four fundamentals:
- Leading by example, striving for the same high standards that we seek from those we do business with
- Setting ambitious ESG goals to support a just and fair transition for our clients'
- Equipping ourselves with tools to assist clients and communities in navigating the environmental and social transition through strategic sustainable actions across our building blocks
- Embracing and investing the resources needed to deliver and reach medium and long-term commitments (Net Zero, same salary for same role, Financial Health and Inclusion), setting targets to enable a more equal and sustainable future and society.
We have set ambitious ESG targets for all areas of our business as part of our strategic plan, including a strong commitment to constantly increase our social impact and support to communities transformation. Our success as a global sustainability leader is a result of our strong ESG commitment and requires us to set challenging targets against which our performance must continuously be monitored.
To see our latest progress against the UniCredit Unlocked ESG targets, please refer to the quarterly ESG investor updates:
To strengthen and manifest our ESG commitments, bearing sustainability at the heart of everything we do, we have decided over the years to adhere to key international and institutional sustainability initiatives such as the Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures, the UNEP FI Principles for Responsible Banking, the Net-Zero Banking Alliance, and many others. For a detailed overview, please see our Integrated Report.
We create tangible value for all our stakeholders by providing real solutions to real needs. Thanks to our unique pan-European footprint and heritage, UniCredit is the bank for Europe's future. Our values are driven by our Purpose of Empowering Communities to Progress, which is at the heart of our corporate culture. In line with our Group Culture and Values - Integrity, Ownership and Caring, we have a constant commitment to doing the right thing for all our stakeholders and for society, always taking into account their views and sustainability in all our business and decision-making processes.
Learn more about our Stakeholder Engagement approach.