This is the fifth time the Bank has won the award. UniCredit also took first place in the Marketing and Service and Operational Models categories and placed third in the New Services, Communication, Credit Products and Services, and Payment Products and Services categories. Cordusio Sim, the Group company dedicated to Wealth Management in Italy,
earned second place in the Communication category.
UniCredit has been awarded as the Special Innovative Bank of the Year at the Financial Innovation Awards promoted by AiFin, the Italian Innovative Finance Association. This is the fifth time that the bank has won this prestigious award, having been previously recognised for this also in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2018. The award ceremony was held online through the Gotowebinar platform.
The bank also achieved the following results:
- first place in the Marketing category with Uprice, the new integrated pricing platform designed to support managers in identifying optimal solutions for customers, thanks to the introduction of the innovative 'Dynamic Pricing' model adopted for retail customers
- first place in the Service and Operational Models category with Enterprise Customer Care, which has led to the creation of a new and simpler Operational Model, transforming the middle/back office structures into genuine Customer Care at the service of businesses, supported by a dedicated multi-channel IT platform developed by integrating innovative technologies for both voice and email communication
- second place in the New Services category with Plick for Corporate, an innovative digital tool that allows companies to open SEPA Credit Transfers (for both commercial payments and reimbursements) efficiently and securely without IBAN, using only the beneficiary's mobile number or e-mail address; this allows the beneficiary to receive the transfer directly in their current account without going to the bank or having to install an app
- third place in the Communication category with the UDays initiative, the promotional campaign that adopts innovative communication tools employed by large-scale retail companies (e.g. Black Friday, sales, etc.); U-Days are "UniCredit days", but also days for "YOU", the customer: 30 days of promotions and special prizes focusing on more informed use of digital technologies
- third place in the Credit Products and Services category with EasyLoan, the UniCredit tool that allows Corporate customers to receive real-time responses to their financial requests - providing the summary prospectus of the financing proposed via email. Meanwhile the documentation required to finalise the transaction can be downloaded online (with an online account) where clients can also find out their existing competitive pre-authorised pricing conditions in real time and receive credit quickly
- third place in the Payment Products and Services category with UniCredit payments HUB strategy, an innovative payment services hub which in 1Q18 meant that UniCredit was the only bank in Italy to offer all three mobile payment services from the very first day of launch in the country: Apple Pay, Alipay and Samsung Pay. The Google Pay system was integrated in 1Q19, while BANCOMAT Pay® was integrated in 2Q19.
In addition, Cordusio Sim, the UniCredit Group company dedicated to Wealth Management in Italy, earned second place in the Communication category with the Women in Wealth initiative, focused on the development of a culture of diversity both within and outside of Cordusio showcasing the skills of women in the company. It also aims to approach female customers better by learning to truly understand their approach to wealth and helping to identify any possible factors that could interfere with their financial planning.
Applications were assessed by a scientific committee of university professors and the final ranking of the winners was determined with complete independence.
"These are great results for our bank," said Remo Taricani, Co-CEO Italy for UniCredit, "serving to once again demonstrate our strong commitment to innovation in products and services as we continue to find ways to best serve our customers and meet their evolving needs. These achievements have also been possible thanks to the bank's significant investment in digitalisation that was a key part of Transform 2019 and continues to be a focus in our new strategic plan Team 23."