On Tuesday 5th February Global Capital revealed the winners of its 2018 Loan Awards, at its annual Syndicated Loans and Leveraged Finance Awards Dinner at the Jumeirah Tower.
UniCredit was awarded with three prestigious regional "Loan Arranger of the Year" awards across its home markets for the third year in a row:
- Best Arranger of Italian Loans
- Best Arranger of German, Swiss and Austrian Loans
- Best Arranger of Loans in Central and Eastern Europe
UniCredit closed the year 2018 as #2 Bookrunner All EMEA Syndicated Loans in EUR, being the only bank consistently leading in more than one local market, i.e. ranking #1 in Italy, Germany, Austria and CEE.
As a further confirmation of UniCredit's expertise and reach in the syndicated loan market in EMEA and beyond, the following deals led by UniCredit received awards:
- Abertis Holdco EUR 10 bn acquisition financing (Italy/Spain): Deal of the Year, M&A Deal of the Year, Italian Deal of the Year
- Open Fibre EUR 3.5 bn project financing (Italy): Infrastructure Loan of the Year
- Hochtief EUR 18 bn acquisition financing(Spain/Germany): German Deal of the Year
- El Corte Ingles EUR 3.7 bn loan refinancing (Spain): Iberian Deal of the Year
- PPF EUR 3 bn acquisition financing (Czech Rep): Emerging Market Deal of the Year, CEE Deal of the Year
- Akbank EUR 900 m loan refinancing (Turkey): Turkish Deal of the Year