The 2008 UniCredit Conference on Banking and Finance
Beyond the Illusion of Risk Diffusion
The current turmoil in the financial market has exposed the limitations of current risk-based measures of bank capital, the potential dangers from loan securitization and the difficulties of locating and evaluating risk in opaque markets. These events raise important issues for regulation and about the future viability of the "originate-to-distribute" banking business model.
To address these issues, a conference titled "Beyond the Illusion of Risk Diffusion" will be held in Vienna, Austria, on 6-7 November 2008, jointly organized by the Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration, the Wharton Financial Institutions Center, the Review of Finance and UniCredit Group. The objective of the Conference is to bring together academics, practitioners and PhD students working in the area of banking and finance to discuss open problems and challenges.
• Alessandro Profumo, CEO UniCredit Group.
• Douglas W. Diamond Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago
• Viral Acharya, London Business School
• Franklin Allen, Wharton School
• Elena Carletti, European University Institute
• Giovanni Dell'Ariccia, IMF
• Itay Goldstein, Wharton School
• Robert Marquez, W.P. Carey School of Business
• Alan Morrison, Oxford Said Business School
• Steven Ongena, Tilburg University
• Marco Pagano, University of Naples
• Lucy White, Harvard Business School
• Josef Zechner, Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration
Registration and Accommodation
To register for the Conference you are requested to reply to Viviana Moretti email@example.com. No fee is requested to join the conference. Registration deadline is October 17 2008. The conference room has a limited number of seats. A rigorous "first-come-first-served" policy will be applied. You will be notified of acceptance of your application as soon as possible.
Accommodation is not provided. A list of hotels in Vienna will be send in beginning September. We strongly recommend that you make your booking early