Breathing is a basic human function which, most of the time, we don’t even realise we are doing. Yet, it is a very important to breath well for good health. Luckily you can learn to do so and to help you we have put together four breathing exercises. These will energise your body and mind and turn you into conscious breather
Do the exercises for 2-3 minutes each.
- Sit or lie down in a comfortable position,
- Inhale through your nose for a count of four
- Exhale through your nose for a count of four
• Sit or lie down in a comfortable position
• Place one hand on the belly under the ribs and the other at the navel.
• Inhale deeply and expand your belly as if pushing your hands upwards.
• Exhale out through lightly pursed lips
• Take your time and observe how you’re feeling
ALTERNATE NOSTRIL BREATH
• Use your thumb to block one of your nostrils
• Inhale deeply through your open nostril
• At the peak of your inhalation release your thumb press your ring finger on the outside of your other nostril and exhale
• Do it again with the other nostril
• Lie in comfortable position and to prepare the body by tensing and relaxing muscles for a few seconds.
• Inhale through your nose, make a fist with your hands, contract the muscles of the legs and arms and tense all the muscles of the face
• Exhale from the mouth and relax the muscles. Repeat a few times
• Leave a small gap between the upper and lower teeth and place the tip of your tongue in the hardest part of the palate
• Count 3-4-5 as follows: inhale through the nose counting up to three. Hold your breath for up to four. Exhale from your mouth for a count of five