Celebrating 2023 Pride Month
Monday 12 June 2023
This year UniCredit marks Pride Month through three sponsorships in Italy, Austria and Germany, as well as other dedicated activation initiatives across all our countries. We are proud to support this vibrant and inclusive celebration that honors the LGBTQIA+ community, their history, achievements, and ongoing struggle for equality.
Every June, we celebrate Pride month as a moment to spread awareness and positivity within our workplace and across the communities in which UniCredit operates.
Pride Month is a month-long celebration that recognises the LGBTQIA+ community and their contributions to society. It is also a moment to promote equal rights for all, recognising self-affirmation, dignity, equality, and increased visibility of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersexual and allies.
Compared to previous years, this year our bank decided to extend its support to this powerful celebration and for the first time ever, UniCredit will be an official sponsor of Pride parades in Italy, Austria and Germany, taking opportunity to underline our support as a concrete testament of our commitment to this meaningful time of the year.
The local Pride Parades will take place during the following dates where we will also have customed gadgets to celebrate the events:
· Milano Pride parade on 24 June - UniCredit Spa official sponsor in Italy
· Munich Pride parade on 24 June - UniCredit Bank AG official sponsor in Germany
· Vienna Pride parade on 17 June - UniCredit Bank Austria official sponsor in Austria
In addition, our colleagues from Slovenia will actively participate in the Ljubljana Pride parade on 24 June as colleagues from Czech Republic and Slovakia will take part to the Prague Pride parade on 12 August to raise awareness on the meaning and history of Pride by being an ally to the LGBTQIA+ community - embracing what it truly means to empower communities to progress.
Furthermore, on June 14 we will host our second Culture Day event, deep diving our Values of Integrity, Ownership and Caring. Guided by these shared Values and behaviors, we maintain our strong commitment to DE&I, fostering a fully inclusive workplace for all.
Our bank aims to go beyond the simple acknowledgment of Pride Month. We want to showcase our dedication in supporting the LGBTQIA+ community and promoting these topics beyond this important month in our countries through:
- Group training on Global DE&I Policies and Unconscious Bias
- DE&I Guidelines for Inclusive Language, Inclusive Recruitment and Gender Transition
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Global Policy and Policy against Harassment, Sexual Misconduct, Bullying and Anti - Retaliation
- Continued sharing and usage of Inclusive icons
- Preferred pronouns in e-signatures
- DE&I Week video interview, featuring DE&I Accountable Executives Marco Iannaccone (Central Europe), Goffredo Guizzardi (Client Solutions) and Cristina Cabella (Compliance), to emphasizes the importance of building a safe and barrier-free environment, the role of LGBTQ+ allies, and the value of adopting a respectful inclusive language.
Remember to take selfies during the parades in the following weeks and in Milan, from June 19, with our UniCredit Spire illuminated with the new Pride flag colours in support of this important occasion and share them on My UniCredit, Yammer and social media tagging @UniCredit_EU and with the hashtags #UniCredit4Pride #UniCredit4All #WeBelieveinUnicorns.
*LGBTQIA+ stands for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex, Ally, and the "+" sign represents all the other identities.