Board of Directors
Our Board of Directors may be comprised of between a minimum of 9 up to a maximum of 24 members.
Directors' term in office is three financial years, unless a shorter term is established at such time as they are appointed, and ends on the date of the Shareholders' Meeting called to approve the financial statements relating to the last year in which they are in office.
The Board of Directors currently in office was appointed by the Ordinary Shareholders' Meeting on April 15, 2021 for the financial years 2021 - 2023, on the basis of a proportional representation mechanism ("voto di lista"), and its terms of office ends on the date of the Shareholders' Meeting called to approve the 2023 financial statements.
As regards the actions taken in recent years to strengthen our governance and align it with international best practices, improving the composition and functioning of the Board of Directors has been a fundamental commitment for our Group.
Board of Directors evolution
- Faculty to file its own list of candidates in the event of its renewal
- Increase from 1 to 2 in the number of Directors appointed from the minority slates
- Size of the Board of Directors reduced from 17 to 15, number of Vice Chairmen reduced from 3 to 1
- Board's tenure equal to maximum 3 mandates
- Identified Digital & Technology and Banking Business as the major competence areas to be developed within the Board
- Size of the Board of Directors reduced from 15 to 14
- Strengthen the Board of Directors' collective suitability through (i) broad coverage of financial services; (ii) exposure to international markets & geographies; (iii) broad range of industrial & digital expertise; (iv) increased diversity
- Size of the Board of Directors reduced from 14 to 13
- Size of the Board of Directors reduced from 13 to 12
Number of UniCredit Directors
Pietro Carlo Padoan
Chairman of the Board of Directors
Deputy Vice Chairman
UniCredit Group CEO and Head Of Italy, Chairman UniCredit Foundation
Group Legal Officer - Secretary of the Board of Directors
Independence as per Corporate Governance Code
Independence as per TUB
Independence as per TUF