Born in Rome (Italy) on 14th August 1954
Degree in Economics and Business Administration, University of Modena, 1980
PhD in Economics, New York University, 1986
Author of numerous international publications. Expert in econometric methods and monetary economics.
Main posts held
- Member of the Board of Directors
- Member of the Internal Controls & Risks Committee
- Member of the Related-Parties and Equity Investments Committee
Other posts currently held
- Member of the Scientific Board of over ten international institutions, including universities and banks; various editorial activities on international journals; "Fellow" at the Centre for European Policy Research, London, "Fellow" of the European Economic Association, "Fellow" of the British Academy
- Chairperson and Co Founder of Now Casting Economics Ltd
- Member of the Board of Directors of Messaggerie Italiane S.p.A.
- Member of the Board of Directors of AGEAS Insurance Group SA/NV
- Member of Commission Economique de la Nation (Advisory Board to the French finance and economics ministers)
- Chair of the Scientific Council, Bruegel, Bruxelles
- Columnist of Corriere della Sera
- Member of the Board of Directors of "Associazione Borsisti Marco Fanno"
- Member of the Board of Directors of Eurobank
|Since September 2008||Full Professor, London Business School|
|2005 - 2008||Director General of Research, European Central Bank, Frankfurt|
|1994 - 2004 (full-time)
2005 - 2008 (on leave)
|Professor of Economics, Université Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium|