Recomend this page
Thank you, we sent your recommendation to the desired recipient.
Sorry, this functionality is not available right now.
Please try with this link. Thank you.
Key milestone in sustainability
A series of events over the past years have tested the global economy, challenging countries and financial institutions to foster viable, smart and inclusive growth.
In the midst of this unprecedented socioeconomic environment, UniCredit continued to invest in improving its service model and marshaled its strengths to better serve its stakeholders.
Different steps have been accomplished illustrating our Group's commitment to the long-term development of the communities in which we live and work.
- Strengthening of our corporate governance system by assigning responsibility for overseeing sustainability issues to the Corporate Governance, HR and Nomination Committee, which was subsequently renamed the Corporate Governance, Nomination and Sustainability Committee
- GHG emission reduction of 38% versus 2008 base year.
- UniCredit published its First Integrated Report on the Group's financial and sustainability performance
- Bronze Class Distinction received from RobecoSAM for excellence in sustainability performance in 2014
- New brand and reputation survey introduced to enhance our ability to monitor the perception of UniCredit by merging the two previously separated measurements
- Oscar di Bilancio 2012 winner in the "Baln and Financial companies" category Top Employers Europe 2012 in seven territories
- Top Employers Europe 2012
- Best Cash Management and Best Trade Finance Bank in Central and Eastern Europe
- Best Sub-Custodian Bank in almost all territories
- Dow Jones Sustainability Index, UniCredit's best performance
- UniCredit among the FTSE4Good Leaders
- Adoption of Human Rights Commitment, Whistleblowing Policy and Code of Conduct to foster fair conduct among colleagues
- Launch of new sustainability engagement campaign involving all UniCredit colleagues (UniCredit Day)
- Review of the Competency Model to ensure better alignment of professional conduct with UniCredit's goals
- Completion of the harmonization of UniCredit Performance Management (UPM) to enhance a culture of fairness and transparency
- Pilot program in Italy utilizing London Benchmarking Group methodology to assess the value and impact of community investments
- Achievement of first A+ GRI application level by UniCredit Sustainability Report
- Creation of the Risk Academy to impart awareness and knowledge of risk management principles
- Creation of Global Job Model to give employees clearer understanding of roles and responsibilities
- Approval of Green & Social Procurement Policy
- Development of a Groupwide Sustainability Framework, reflected in UniCredit's new mission statement
- Introduction of the new Group Executive Incentive System to drive sustainable performance
- Joint Declaration on Equal Opportunities and Non-Discrimination signed by the UEWC and the Group
- Adoption of the UN's Principles for Responsible Investment by Pioneer Investments